That was a longer blog break than I thought it would be! To recap, here are all the things that have happened since my last post:
- We found a better house to move into after our first-choice rental punked out on us.
- We packed all of our worldly belongings.
- Three strong men came and moved all of our worldly belongings a grand total of four blocks. Best money I ever spent.
- Those three strong men could not get our bed and boxspring up the teeny tiny staircase of our new place. (It was still the best money I ever spent though).
- We rented a carpet cleaner so we could stand a chance at getting our deposit back from our old apartment, where the property managers are notoriously stingy about these things.
- JD tech’d his new show. For folks not familiar with the theatre process, this essentially meant that I did not see him for five days and basically unpacked the house on my own.
- We went to Ikea and bought a platform bed (no boxspring necessary! Ha!) and a new armchair for good measure.
JD had his last day at his old job.
JD opened his new show.
- It was my birthday!
- JD started his new job. He has his own office with a door that closes. So jealous.
- We finally unloaded our boxspring via craigslist, and can now finish unpacking the last room of the house (the dining room, where the boxspring was being stored).
So, yeah, that’s a lot! A lot more for JD than for me, but now that we are hitched I get to claim some of his stress as my stress too. Which is why I was able to justify a birthday facial AND massage. Win-win!
Jumping back into blogging this week. On tap:
- Finally getting around to the recap of the Revive diet, plus details on how I’m sustaining lessons learned.
- A grand tour of our new house! We have like three more boxes to unpack and then I will take lots of pics.
- Planning Easter dinner! It will be just like planning Thanksgiving dinner, only more asparagus and less stuffing.
- New series, Running with
ScissorsAsthma. Pretty self-explanatory.